Essential services offered by Community Care Northumberland continue to operate throughout the county. Please see below an overview of program and service delivery changes due to COVID-19:
- The hot Meals on Wheels program continues to be offered
- The frozen Meals on Wheels program continues to be offered
- Community diners are currently suspended until further notice
- Transportation is available at no cost to attend COVID-19 vaccine appointments
- The specialized transportation program is still operating to provide rides to attend essential appointments
- Our volunteer driver service is available for essential transportation
- Rural route transportation continues to be offered
- Our home help and maintenance programs continue to be offered
- Our Home at Last program is available to assist with transportation home from the hospital
- Exercise and falls prevention classes are being held virtually
- Social groups and workshops are being held virtually
- Our friendly visiting program is happening via telephone
- Our telephone reassurance call program continues to be offered
- Our personal distress alarm program continues to be offered
- Visiting hospice services and assessments are happening virtually
- Resident care continues to be offered at Ed’s House Northumberland Hospice Care Centre with enhanced safety measures
If you have any questions or would like more information about any of our programs and services, please contact us.
Community Care Northumberland is a registered charitable organization that supports thousands of clients every year, providing programs and services that support the health, wellbeing and independence of community members throughout Northumberland County.
We rely on the generosity of our community to help support our programs, services and community. To learn more about how you can help fund essential support services, please call 1-905-885-0466 or visit our donate page.