What Is Home At Last (HAL)?
Hospital visits, whether planned or unexpected, can often cause additional tension to an already stressful situation. Our Home at Last (HAL) program helps patients successfully make the transition from hospital to home on the day of their discharge.
Eligibility For The Program
- Residents of Northumberland County who are seniors or adults with disabilities who have little to no supports in place on day of discharge from the hospital
- A patient being discharged from a Northumberland County hospital
Benefits of This Program
Services for every step of leaving the hospital/arriving home may include:
- Driving and/or accompanying a client home
- Picking up medications and/or groceries
- Preparing a small meal
- Providing personal care and/or homemaking services
- Allows the discharged patient to have the help they need to comfortably recuperate in their own home
- Follow up with a phone call to check on their well-being
- Make referrals to other community support services if necessary
- No cost for this program