What Is Home At Last (HAL)?
Hospital visits, whether planned or unexpected, can often cause additional tension to an already stressful situation. Our Home at Last (HAL) program helps patients successfully make the transition from hospital to home on the day of their discharge.
HAL is a partnership between Community Care Northumberland, Campbellford Memorial Hospital, Northumberland Hills Hospital and Home and Community Care Services (Central East).
Eligibility For The Program
- Residents of Northumberland County who are seniors or adults with disabilities who have little to no supports in place on day of discharge from the hospital
- A patient being discharged from a Northumberland County hospital
Benefits of This Program
Services for every step of leaving the hospital/arriving home may include:
- Driving and/or accompanying a client home
- Picking up medications and/or groceries
- Preparing a small meal
- Providing personal care and/or homemaking services
- Allows the discharged patient to have the help they need to comfortably recuperate in their own home
- Follow up with a phone call to check on their well-being
- Make referrals to other community support services if necessary
- No cost for this program
Any member of the patient’s healthcare team (e.g. social workers, case managers, charge nurses, therapists, physicians, discharge planners, etc.) at Northumberland Hills Hospital or Campbellford Memorial Hospital may complete a referral form and fax it to 905-372-3898. Individuals and family members should ask their healthcare team members to refer them to our HAL program.
Get updates on our programs, events, news and more
Charitable Number: BN132198748 RR0001