Meals on Wheels
Our Meals on Wheels program promotes health and independence by providing nutritious and affordable meals to:
• Seniors living alone
• Adults with disabilities who are unable to shop for groceries or cook for themselves
• Those being discharged from an area hospital with limited/no help available during their recovery
Looking for more information? Here are some Information Sheets for the Town of Cobourg, Municipality of Port Hope, Municipality of Brighton and Town of Cramahe’s – Click the link below to direct to your area:
“My mother has benefitted from the Meals on Wheels program. Each of the dedicated volunteers has very much added to her day. Each one is so cheerful and gives that little extra moment for a chat.”
Benefits of our Meals on Wheels Program
• We ensure that you receive nutritious meals delivered to your door by our friendly volunteers.
• There are hot meal and frozen meal options.
• You can create an automatic meal delivery plan so you do not have to remember to call every order in to your local office.
• All Meals on Wheels containers may be used to heat up the meal later.
• We can accommodate several diet types.
• Service options are flexible. You can receive Meals on Wheels on a short-term basis while you recuperate or on a long-term basis so that you can stay healthy by eating properly in your own home.