What is a Hospice Care Centre?
With the Hospice Care Centre, Community Care Northumberland will be able to offer a new kind of care to the communities it serves, with services ranging from palliative and bereavement to caregiver support and community education. Building on the volunteer visiting services CCN has offered since 2010, and the Palliative Care Community Team started in early 2017, the Hospice Care Centre will allow the community to offer a comprehensive suite of end of life services.
Community members looking for information about the Hospice Centre project or who wish to volunteer as part of the project, are encouraged to contact Sherry Gibson - Project Lead, at 1-905-885-9860, or via e-mail through this link here
Previous News Releases
- Site Selected for Northumberland Hospice Care Centre - Hamilton Township
- Campaign Leadership Announced for Hospice Care Centre Building - Veteran volunteer duo Gord and Patti Ley to lead Hospice campaign
- Northumberland Hospice Care Centre Honouring the Journey Begins with over $1.1 Million Raised Northumberland Hospice Care Centre Capital - Campaign launches with early leadership pledges to almost 23% of private fundraising goal
- Community Care Northumberland Names Lynda Kay as Campaign Director Northumberland Hospice Care Centre - Kay Brings 28 years of funding raising experience to the capital campaign.
- Ontario Opening New Hospice in Northumberland - 1.2 Million Dollar Commitment to Northumberland Hospice Care Centre - Hamilton Township
- Read Elliott Family Foundation Donates One Million Dollars to Northumberland Hospice Care Centre - Cobourg
- The Northumberland Hospice Care Public Campaign Launches with a Goal of $9,300,000 - Hamilton Township
- Ed and Diane Lorenz Name Northumberland Hospice Care Centre "Ed's House" - Cobourg
- Smile Cookie Campaign Results - Cobourg / Colborne/ Port Hope
- Tender for Ed's house Northumberland Hospice Care Centre To Be Released in January
Ed's House Northumberland Hospice Care Centre Tender Documents Submitted For Approval
February 27, 2019
The Board of Directors of Community Care Northumberland is pleased to announce that on February 13, 2019, five construction tenders were received for the building of Ed’s House-Northumberland Hospice Care Centre.
All tenders and supporting documentation have been forwarded to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care for review and approval of the selected contractor. Once approval is received, Community Care Northumberland will award the construction contract for the 10 bed, 18,000 sq. ft. building.
“We are excited to be taking this important step in our process for the building of Ed’s House”, stated CCN Board Chair Ray Lobban. “The community has shown their strong support for this project and we look forward to breaking ground in the early spring.”
The Board of Directors applauds the Building Committee and Architectural Firm Barry Bryan Associates for their diligence in planning for the construction, and the Campaign Cabinet for their enthusiasm in garnering community support.
In the weeks ahead Community Care Northumberland will be announcing the awarding of the construction contract. Construction will begin when conditions permit ‘shovels in the ground’.