We are proud of our on-going partnership with all the local municipalities that make up Northumberland County. Direct results of these partnerships include:
1. The Enhanced Rural Living Program
A subsidy program developed in partnership with Northumberland County's Community and Social Services Department. It is designed to address some of the needs identified in the ‘Northumberland Housing and Homelessness Plan 2014-2023’. Specifically to help residents living in rural areas to stay healthy and live safely in their homes as well as have access to affordable transportation for their living and medical needs.
What can be subsidized/enhanced?
Any of the following Community Care Northumberland services or programs may be enhanced:
- Friendly Visiting
- Home Help & Maintenance
- Meals on Wheels
- Supports for Caregivers
- Transportation - (Volunteer Driving or Specialized - Accessible or Rural)
- Personal Distress Alarms
If You Are A Service Provider:
- Returning form by email: - complete form online and save to your desktop - compose a new email to Administration office and insert the file as an attachment
- Returning form by mail: - complete form online and print - mail to: Community Care Northumberland, Administration Office PO Box 1087, Campbellford, Ontario, K0L 1L0
2. Community Transportation Pilot Program
It is anticipated that the services will increase service to Hamilton Township, the Municipality of Brighton, and the rural areas of the Municipality of Port Hope.
(Autumn 2015) Recent Ribbon Cutting Ceremony - Expansion of Specialized Transportation Program into Hamilton Township
(Pictured L-R) Marc Coombs - Warden of Northumberland County, Mark Darroch - Director of Community and Social Services of Northumberland County - Mayor Mark Loveshin of Hamilton Township, Heather Norris - Director of Community Impact of Northumberland United Way